An instrument rating opens up a whole new world: mainly, the world of Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). It allows you to fly in almost any weather or condition. More than that, it vastly increases your situational awareness and proficiency as a pilot.
Training for your instrument rating includes classroom instruction, flight time, and training in our full-motion simulators in order to increase your knowledge, skills, and comfort level with instrument flying.
An instrument rating is the typical next step in aviation after becoming a private pilot
Instrument Pilot Rating Includes:
- 21 hrs. of dual flight training in an air conditioned Cessna 172SP with G1000 avionics suite
- 14 hrs. of RedBird full-motion simulator training
- 30 hrs. of personalized knowledge (ground) instruction
- Jeppesen instrument pilot training system
- Pilot syllabus
- Flight Bag
- Hold at least a current private pilot certificate
- Be able to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Hold BasicMed or a 3rd class (or higher) medical certificate
Ready to start instrument pilot training? Give us a call or fill out our contact form and we’ll help you decide which program is right for you.